The activities listed below are meant to build on foundational math skills. We believe that having a strong foundation will help your child to move forward with their learning once math expectations begin to increase.
- Practice addition and subtraction facts to 20
- Practice multiplication and division to 100
- Practice place value - ie. use pretzels as tens and cheerios as ones
- Practice addition and subtraction using a hundreds chart - click here
- Practice telling time with your child using an analog clock
- Play a Prodigy math game
- Practice counting or addition using ten frame mat- click here
- Practice math facts families using math triangles - click here for addition and subtraction practice and here for multiplication and division practice
- Practice counting using a 10 frame activity sheet. Then using dice or cards, complete the addition sentences using this sheet as a guide.
- What is an integer? Great, simple YouTube video explained by kids.
- Long division help (Partial products method) - click here
- Math Antics on YouTube is a great resource for explaining (with visuals) math concepts. Here is a great video for basic division.